Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So they're thinking of rebooting the Superman franchise and ignoring the last Superman flick. Don't know if I dig the idea seeing as how even the new Hulk flick didn't do too well on this route. Superman deserves a big honkin' action extravaganza, and we saw just a smidgen of this in Superman Returns. I think Bryan Singer totally has got it in him to deliver but will he get the chance?

Anyhoo, this here's inspired by the fantastic DTV Justice League the New Frontier. Superman's portrayal is buckets of cool. I haven't read the comic, but I'm gonna go do that as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Sam said...

whoa, you posted! That superman movie sucks...well, it doesn't SUCK, but I was definitely disappointed.

Anonymous said...

The New Frontier graphic novel is way better than that HORRIBLE animated movie. I hate to say it, but having read each issue as New Frontier came out - and knowing that far better animation is achievable than what was done - I was utter disappointed in the movie.

Warner Bros. Priemer had some of the best guys in the business working on those boards - and as far as I can tell the over seas studios totally dropped the ball. They got all the characters on model, but killed the emotion and LACKED acting.....

Well I'm getting off on a rant here...Go read the comic, it's awesome. And then watch the movie again......

However the WonderWoman movie looks to be freak'n sweet!

Great Superman pic Mig....makes me think of doing one of my own.

mig said...

Yeah, I guess I've gotten used to the fact that the DC animated movies are done overseas and are therefore never gonna be quite as good as if they were done in house. That flat-no acting aesthetic is something that's just par for the course with these flicks. They've improved by leaps and bounds though. Just watch the first season of Justice League. If only Warner Bros. would fork over the cash to have it done at Tokyo Movie like some of the old Batman shows or parts of Return of the Joker. Then we'd see some truly special stuff. Those guys were good. Remember that second Clayface episode in the ol' Batman the Animated Series. Hotchaa that stuff was gold...